LeukaNET e.V. (Munich) is looking for a Scientific Project Manager
The Munich-based non-profit patient association LeukaNET e.V. is looking for a Scientific Project Manager who will help manage and drive cancer patient engagement in the EU HARMONY Alliance initiative in the area of Big Data in hematology. Want to spend your life on something for a purpose? Check this out!
Position: Scientific Project Manager
Contract: Full-time / fixed-term contract until 30.09.2023
Location: Germany (mainly home office, occasionally in our office in Munich)
Start: Immediately / as soon as possible
Salary: 40.000 EUR gross per annum
About the position
The Project Manager will primarily be responsible for the management, engagement and content development by coordinating patient advocacy in the EU HARMONY Alliance (https://www.harmony-alliance.eu):
- Coordination of patient involvement in the EU Big Data research projects IMI HARMONY and HARMONY PLUS through their work packages 6 and 4 which LeukaNET coordinates
- Continuous communication and engagement with the pan-European patient organisations involved, as well as the research community engaged in the HARMONY consortium
- Proactively think about topics, research questions and potential research outcomes that need addressing from the patients’ perspective
- Research and planning of effective and engaging content ideas for topics that matter to the European hematology community
- Engagement with clinicians and other stakeholders involved in IMI HARMONY, as well as the project management office
- Representation of the patient community and the work package lead at HARMONY meetings and calls
- Review of draft documents, providing feedback, and coordination of feedback from all patient organisations involved
- Generation of content for potential publications, newsletter articles, etc addressed to scientific and lay audiences
- Coordination of all persons involved and ensuring timelines are met
The tasks are subject to change depending on needs of the organisation and the projects.
- MD, PhD, PharmD or MSc and experience in relevant therapeutic areas or life sciences – preferably specifically in haematology
- 5+ years of experience in a related field – preferably working in a non-profit organisation, clinical research or medical/scientific setting
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Capacity to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work efficiently without compromising quality or accuracy
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, proofreading, and editing in English, preferably C2 level. German language skills are not required.
- Understanding and experience in the research and development of new medicines and how they are made available to patients in Europe
- Ability to explain complex scientific terms and knowledge into lay language
- Willingness to listen to the cancer patient community and empower them in their advocacy work
- Experience in working with researchers, doctors and representatives from the pharmaceutical industry
- Good analytical, numerical abilities and ability to interpret complex information
- Competent in a range of software including Microsoft Office, other project-related tools as needed
- An exciting position in an NGO that operates internationally and serves a social purpose in the area of patient advocacy
- Full-time position with flexibility, employment contract under German law until 30.09.2023
- Working in a young, dynamic and multi-cultural team working from different European cities
About LeukaNET e.V.
LeukaNET e.V. is a non-profit association established in Munich, Germany, in 2003. Its roots and main activities are running the patient-run, independent virtual patient community leukaemie-online.de for leukaemia patients and their families in German-speaking countries. Its goals are to support patients and their carers by providing background information and news about research, treatment and care as well as to run and moderate discussion forum, social media channels, online seminars and patient meetings.
With its mission to strengthen patient-centric clinical research and collaboration of the patient community with researchers, LeukaNET e.V. collaborates very closely with patient organisations and research organisations all across the world. It is a consortium member and work package leader of the European research projects IMI HARMONY and IMI HARMONY-PLUS.
About the HARMONY Alliance
The Big Data For Better Outcomes Programme is an umbrella programme of the Innovative Medicines Initiative 2 (IMI2). IMI2 is a collaboration between the European Union and The European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) and is the world’s largest public-private partnership (PPP) in the life sciences which funds more than 140 EU projects.
The HARMONY Alliance, consisting of the EU-funded IMI projects HARMONY (2017-2022) and the HARMONY-PLUS (2020-2023), helps improve the prognosis and outcome of patients with hematological cancers, driven by knowledge derived from the combination and analysis of complex data. Therefore, a core part of HARMONY is its Patient Cluster, which is currently made up of 7 pan-European patient organizations. Each of these organizations represents the 7 blood cancers HARMONY is researching. The HARMONY Patient Cluster plays an important role in designing research projects to make sure they reflect the patient view. The patient cluster is currently being extended.
How to apply
Apply for this job offer by sending your CV and your motivation letter to Jan Geissler <>; with the subject "Application Scientific Project Manager".